Who are we?
We are a small group of dedicated parents who meet regularly with the Head teacher and other staff to co-ordinate fundraising and social events throughout the year.
Where does the money go?
The funds raised have assisted with various activities/equipment to benefit our children, including:
- a climbing wall;
- a trim trail;
- Maths equipment;
- story books for every classroom;
- an outdoor wooden xylophone;
- a bench seat;
- the re-design of the climbing wall;
- the cost for the transport for the annual school trip the pantomime; and
- lots more!
We are currently raising money for a new trim trail.
How do we raise the money?
Each month an event usually takes place which is often family orientated so that children can attend and enjoy being actively involved in the fundraising (this also helps with babysitting!)
- Harvest Supper & auction of autumn produce;
- Christmas Fair;
- bingo evening;
- race night;
- Summer Fete;
- fashion show;
- fish & chip supper;
- quiz nights;
- kids' bingo;
- film afternoon;
- Kirkby Bake Off; and
- a recycle bin where we receive funding for what we recycle.
How you can help
The Committee always welcomes new members, but whatever support you can give from baking a cake, helping on a stall, donating a prize or buying a raffle ticket is always greatly appreciated.
Details of Friends of School meetings appear on the school calendar and website.