Due to the nature of our role, and due to the responsibilities we hold, we collect a range of data regarding the pupils and adults who work with our school. The Regulation (EU) 2016/670 (General Data Protection Regulation), also known as GDPR,
places specific legal obligations upon our school to ensure that all data is processed in line with the data protection principles, outlined below:
1. Fair, lawful and transparent
2. Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
3. Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
4. Accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date
5. Kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary
6. Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security
It is our statutory duty to ensure that these principles are followed and we are required to produce privacy notices to outline how these are met. Please follow the links below to access our privacy notices for pupils and staff.
Further information regarding GDPR and the main responsibilities for organisations can be found at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/principles/
The Data Protection Officer for our school is Mrs Emma Andrews. Please contact the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01529 302595) if you wish to contact our DPO.